Privacy & Security
Clear Edge Communications respects the privacy of your personal data. By personal data, we mean information about you which might allow you to be identified, such as your name and address.
Our use of your personal data is subject to your instructions, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (the Regulation), other relevant UK and EU legislation and our professional duty of confidentiality.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Clear Edge may collect Personal Data::
- From publically accessible sources
- Direct from a third party or from a third party with your consent
- Information that you might provide when using our website, such as your name and email address. In this case, we will not retain your details, other than for the purpose of carrying out any work that you instruct us to carry out
- Information that you might provide when contacting us with an enquiry, other than through our website. If you do not go on to instruct us, we will not retain your details for the purpose of contacting you in future about our services or events without your consent.
- If you ask us to do work on your behalf, we will collect relevant information from you, which will include personal data. All personal data is stored and used in accordance with the Regulation
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research and training purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that any email sent from you to us will be received by us or that its contents are or will remain secure during or following transmission. Likewise we cannot guarantee that emails sent by us to you are secure. If you have any concerns about the security of email transmissions to or from us, you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead.
Personal Data Provided Through Our Website or By Email
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits.
They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
How To Delete Cookies
To find out how to delete cookies, please refer to your web browser’s help section. More information is also available on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s site, All About Cookies.
Where Personal Data Is Stored
Clear Edge Communications has procedures in place to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Where personal data that you provide to us is stored electronically, it will be held on our secure servers and protected by a series of security measures.
Where personal data is held manually, all of our staff and third party suppliers are subject to strict obligations to maintain the security of that personal data.
How long your Personal Data will be kept
Clear Edge will keep your personal data after we have finished advising or acting for you. We will do so for one of these reasons:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- to enable us to carry out checks for conflicts of interest in the future;
- to show that we treated you fairly; and
- to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. When we complete advising you on a particular project or engagement, we will inform you of how long we will retain your data for or you can ask us at any time for our current retention period that applies to your type of matter.
We will retain a digital record of having acted for you for as long as is necessary to carry out checks for conflicts of interest in accordance with our professional regulations.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Clear Edge Communications uses information held about you in the following ways:
- For our legitimate interests. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
- To carry out the work that you instruct us to do
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We will not contact you by e-mail for this purpose unless you expressly agree to this
- To ensure that we comply with our legal obligation to check your identity and to prevent fraud.
Clear Edge does not sell or share your personal data with any third party, except as necessary to carry out the work that you instruct us to do, as required by law and where third party suppliers are updating or carrying out maintenance on our ICT systems or computer programmes.
You have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do so by contacting our Data Manager, David Kempster, Clear Edge Communications Limited, 150 High Street, Sevenoaks, TN13 1XE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data.
You have the right to require us to delete your personal data in certain situations.
Under the Regulation you have the right to receive details of the personal data we maintain on you. If you would like to see the information we hold about you or would like to be removed from our database, you should contact our Data Manager, David Kempster, Clear Edge Communications Limited, 150 High Street, Sevenoaks, TN13 1XE ir email email@example.com
Please contact us at the same address if you have any reason to believe the details we hold about you are incorrect. or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Security and data retention
Clear Edge employs security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Manager, David Kempster, Clear Edge Communications Limited, 150 High Street, Sevenoaks, TN13 1XE or email email@example.com
Disability Discrimination Act
Clear Edge has tried to make this site as accessible as possible. If you have any comments or suggestions which could make the site more accessible please contact our Data Manager, David Kempster, Clear Edge Communications Limited, 150 High Street, Sevenoaks, TN13 1XE or email firstname.lastname@example.org